- About Us
Bothell, Northshore firefighters offer free blood-pressure and blood-sugar screenings in February
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In response to the American Heart Association’s designation of February as American Heart Month, the city of Bothell will once again be celebrating Bothell Heart Month. This campaign focuses on heart-health awareness by placing firefighters in high-traffic areas throughout the community to offer free blood-pressure and blood-sugar screenings.
"High blood pressure and blood sugar can reduce your ability to live a healthy life, so take control of your health by knowing your numbers,” says City of Bothell Fire Chief Bob Van Horne. “This community service campaign empowers citizens to educate themselves about health risks so they can take a proactive step toward a healthier lifestyle.”
The Bothell Heart Month campaign will evaluate willing participant’s blood pressure and blood sugar, provide information about risks and inform them of warning signs.
This year, the city of Bothell will partner with Evergreen Hospital Medical Center to provide citizens with information about free health and wellness services.
• Feb. 4 — 10 a.m. to noon: Albertsons in Canyon Park (22621 Bothell-Everett Highway)
• Feb. 5 — 2-4 p.m.: Northshore YMCA (11811 N.E. 195th St.)
• Feb. 13 — 10 a.m. to noon: Albertsons in Canyon Park
• Feb. 13 — 2-4 p.m.: Northshore YMCA
• Feb. 17 — 10 a.m. to noon: Bothell Public Library (18215 98th Ave. N.E.)
• Feb. 18 — 2-4 p.m.: Fred Meyer (21045 Bothell-Everett Highway)
• Feb. 19 — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Home Depot (18333 120th Ave. N.E.)
• Feb. 19 — 2-4 p.m.: Fred Meyer
• Feb. 20 — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Home Depot
• Feb. 20 — 2-4 p.m.: Fred Meyer
• Feb. 21 — 10 a.m. to noon: QFC in downtown Bothell (18921 N.E. Bothell Way)
• Feb. 21 — 2-4 p.m.: QFC in downtown Bothell
• Feb. 25 — 2-4 p.m.: QFC in Canyon Park (22833 Bothell-Everett Highway)
• Feb. 26 — 2-4 p.m.: QFC in Canyon Park
The Northshore Fire Department will be offering free blood-pressure and blood-sugar checks from 1-4 p.m. every Saturday in February at the Kenmore Safeway, 6850 N.E. Bothell Way, and at the Lake Forest Park Third Place Commons, 17171 Bothell Way N.E.