- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
EvergreenHealth has 36 physicians recognized as top doctors of 2014
The latest issue of Seattle magazine names 36 physicians within the EvergreenHealth network to the publication’s annual “Top Doctors” list.
Each year, Seattle asks thousands of local physicians to nominate the colleagues they would trust with a loved one’s health care via an online, peer-to-peer survey. The 2014 list features 437 providers across 70 specialties.
“We are always proud to recognize the contributions our providers make to the health and well-being of our community, and today we celebrate those who have been honored by their peers as ‘Top Doctors,’” said EvergreenHealth CEO Bob Malte. “The local medical community’s recognition of our providers is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our providers, and shows the community appreciates their commitment to providing the highest-quality, safest and most satisfying care at the best value.”
More than 13,000 providers participated in an independent survey that invited all licensed physicians in the Puget Sound region to nominate their peers for the annual recognition. GMA Research and CHCS Internet Development collected data between Jan. 13 and Feb. 7, 2014, which was evaluated to help determine the final list.
Finalists are selected once nominations from all physicians are tallied. Those who are nominated the most times in each specialty are candidates for inclusion, and additional factors are taken into account before the list is finalized, including the total number of physicians practicing in each specialty, consumer demand for a specialty, the vote distribution, the standing of the candidates, geography, education and residency.
Seattle magazine expanded the list of specialties this year to include non-board-certified specialties and alternative medicine in response to growing reader interest in learning about the top practitioners in these practice areas—as recommended by physicians.
Also new this year, doctors can recognize nurse practitioners and physician assistants who set the bar for excellence in health care.
EvergreenHealth’s 2014 Top Doctors and their specialties are listed below in alphabetical order.
• Sheemain D. Asaria, MD, Obstetrics
• Maria Chong, MD, Diagnostic Radiology
• Lynn B. Davis, MD, Obstetrics
• Michele A. Delorit, MD, Obstetrics
• Christopher L. Fellows, MD, Cardiology
• Michele B. Frank, MD, Hematology and Oncology
• Todd M. Guyette, MD, Hand Surgery
• Kevin M. Hanson, MD, Emergency Medicine
• Michael A. Hunter, MD, Radiation Oncology
• David Y. Kim, MD, Anesthesiology
• Edward Kim, MD, Cardiology
• Jason Kim, MD, Pain Medicine
• Lindy S. Klaff, MD, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
• Carolyn R. Kline, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
• Samuel S. Koo, MD, Orthopedics
• Varun Laohaprasit, MD, Neurosurgery
• June L. Lee, MD, Anesthesiology
• Melissa D. Lee, MD, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
• Steven N. Lee, MD, Anesthesiology
• Matthew Lonergan, MD, Hematology and Oncology
• Craig M. McAllister, MD, Orthopedic Surgery
• Aileen A. Mickey, MD, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
• George G. Min, MD, Plastic Surgery
• James J. O'Callaghan, MD, Pediatric Hospital Medicine
• Kyle J. Oh, MD, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
• Pamela J. Paley, MD, Gynecology
• Sanjiv Parikh, MD, Vascular/Interventional Radiology
• Kim R. Pittenger, MD, Family Medicine
• Francis X. Riedo, MD, Infectious Disease
• Derek M. Rodrigues, MD, Cardiology
• Jeffrey S. Roh, MD, Orthopedic Surgery
• Connie J. Smith, MD, Geriatrics
• Michael A. Towbin, MD, General Surgery
• Dan S. Veljovich, MD, Gynecology
• Mark R. Vossler, MD, Cardiology
• Martin P. Walker, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
For more information about EvergreenHealth and the recognized providers, visit www.evergreenhealth.com; visit Seattle magazine at www.seattlemag.com to learn more about the 2014 Top Doctors.