- About Us
SR 522 improvement project update
According to information released by the State Route 522 Improvement Project, construction crews have completed many of the major milestones for the central segment of SR 522 from 65th Avenue Northeast to 73rd Avenue Northeast.
Those milestones include the majority of the paving and striping work on SR 522, 68th Avenue Northeast, 73rd Avenue Northeast and Northeast 181st Street. Driveway paving, utility work, landscaping and other components are under way. The central segment is scheduled to be completed in early 2010.
Restoration work on private properties
Crews also have begun restoration work on private properties along SR 522 from 65th Avenue Northeast to 73rd Avenue Northeast and adjacent side streets, including 68th Avenue Northeast, 73rd Avenue Northeast and Northeast 181st Street.
Several central segment activities are in progress right now and will be completed in the coming months, including:
• A new traffic signal at 73rd Avenue Northeast and Northeast 181st Street. This signal will be activated at the end of the year. Until then, 73rd Avenue Northeast will continue as a through street and Northeast 181st Street will have controlled stops.
• Activation of a new traffic signal at 68th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 181st Street. This signal has already been installed.
• Final paving at 73rd Avenue Northeast and Northeast 181st Street.
• Completion of street lighting and landscaping.
• Utility conversions, including the removal of power poles and overhead wires.
For more information, visit the project Web site at www.KenmoreSR522.com.