- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Bastyr to hold Herb and Food Fair June 5
The 12th annual Bastyr University Herb and Food Fair will take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 5. The event, themed "Nourishing the Senses," is free and open to the public.
Festival activities include:
• A variety of educational speakers and workshops
• Interactive cooking demonstrations from local experts
• Live entertainment and music
• Experiential acupuncture demonstrations
• Homemade food and distinctive herbal gift and craft vendors
• Special activities for children
• Garden tours
• Guided walks through the surrounding woods
• Herbal foot soaks and facials
Keynote speakers include Mindy Green and Sally Fallon Morell. Green is the co-author of "Aromatherapy and A Complete Guide to the Healing Art," and is the owner of Green Scentsations, an independent consulting company specializing in botanical therapies, aromatherapy education and product development. Fallon Morell is the author of "Nourishing Traditions," a cookbook that focuses on whole traditional foods.
Event visitors can park free at the Kenmore Park & Ride at 7346 N.E. Bothell Way and take the free Bastyr shuttle directly to the fair; the bus runs every 15 minutes all day from 9:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Limited parking will also be available on campus for a $5 fee. Bastyr University is located at 14500 Juanita Drive N.E., Kenmore. No event parking is allowed at St. Edward State Park.