- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bastyr University to hold 12th annual Haunted Trails celebration
Bastyr University's annual Haunted Trails Halloween celebration returns the weekends of Oct. 15-16 and Oct. 22-23.
Hosted in the forest behind Bastyr's Kenmore campus, 14500 Juanita Dr., NE in Kenmore, is advertised as including more fun and frightful activities for teenagers and adults and a new carnival for children eight and younger.
Bastyr launched the Haunted Trails attraction in 1998. All proceeds support the university's study abroad programs, including the acupuncture and Oriental medicine school's annual trip to study in China. The fundraiser is run entirely by dedicated volunteer teams of Bastyr students, faculty and staff. Free event parking is available on the Bastyr campus.
Events for ages 8 and up:
• Haunted Trails: Complete with ghosts, ghouls and goblins, the Haunted Trails tour through the forest offers frights around every corner. Runs 7-11 p.m.
• Hades Labyrinth: With ghouls and monsters hunting all who enter, participants must find their way through a 2,400-square-foot maze of misty tunnels or be lost forever. Runs 7-11 p.m.
• Cemetery Hill (new): Is there anything creepier than a foggy cemetery at night? Yes — a foggy cemetery filled with the living dead. Runs 7-11 p.m.
• Circus of Horrors (new): Evil clowns make for a nightmarish experience under the big top. Runs 7-11 p.m.
• Medusa's Passage (new): Participants will encounter all that is creepy, crawly and slithery as they navigate Medusa's Passage with their eyes closed. Runs 7-11 p.m.
Cost: $20 per person for all five events. Major credit cards accepted. Tickets for individual activities are not available.
For ages 8 and younger:
• The Great Pumpkin’s Trick or Treating Adventure: Bring the kids for trick or treating in Bastyr's new Student Village. Take pictures of the little ones as they get candy from some of their favorite characters. Cost is $5 per child. Trick or treating goes from 5:30–7 p.m. each night.
• Children's Carnival (expanded): The carnival features Halloween games, crafts and stories for children. This year's carnival has been expanded to provide a whole evening of entertainment. Buy tickets for individual carnival events or a $20 pass for a whole evening of unlimited fun.
Food, gags and more
• The Red Dragon Alchemist's Shoppe: Buy glow sticks, glow wands, glow masks, glow frisbees, monster balloons and more.
• Food: Pizza, baked goods and hot drinks will all be available for purchase.
• While waiting in line: Play free games (including Mummy Bowling, Ghost Ball and Monster Hunt).
A limited number of tickets are sold each night. Officials state the second weekend of Haunted Trails is very busy and tickets can sell out as early as 8:45 p.m.