- About Us
King County Flood District announces flood reduction grant program
The King County Flood Control District announced today that funding for programs that reduce the impact of flooding will be available in 2014.
This new grant fund program will target flood reduction projects throughout King County. Total funds available in 2014 will be $2.6 million.
The types of projects that are eligible include:
· Addressing localized flooding;
· Surface water overflows;
· Near-shore flooding;
· Lake flooding due to outflow blockage; assessment of existing conditions as part of creation of a lake management district;
· Clearance of clogged agricultural drainage systems;
· Maintaining access to goods and infrastructure that serve a larger agricultural economy;
· Providing navigable water channels for industry and recreation.
Projects that achieve multiple benefits are encouraged.
A request for proposal will be issued around the end of February and the deadline is anticipated to be early or mid-April 2014 with the selection of recipients potentially occurring in late May or June.
Interested parties should contact Ken Pritchard at email@example.com or (206) 477-4804 to be placed on a list to receive grant announcements.