- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Northshore students win at state nursing competition
Northshore students won the top nine places in the Nursing Assistant Competition (NAC) at the Washington State Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA) Leadership Conference held March 22.
Northshore students placed first in the CPR/First Aid competition and Personal Care event, second in Medical Spelling and second and third in the Job Seeking and Interviewing competition.
Around 17 students from the district’s Health Science Careers/Nursing Assistant Program competed at the event with eight students qualifying for the national competition at the HOSA National Leadership Conference to be held June 25-28, at Disney World in Orlando, Fla. This was the first time Northshore students competed in the event.
- Jasmine Leach: 1st in NAC, 3rd in Job Seeking
- Jairus Davis: 2nd in NAC
- Halie Farrand: 3rd in NAC
- Shelby Hicks: 2nd in Medical Spelling
- Desi Lopes and Racheal Roberts: 1st in CPR/First Aid
- Janell Chamberlin: 2nd in Job Seeking
- Liliana Sandoval: 1st in Personal Care.