- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
520 floating bridge to close this weekend for annual maintenance
The following is a release from the Washington State Department of Transportation:
Washington State Department of Transportation crews will use for annual inspection and maintenance of the existing State Route 520 floating bridge and highway construction.
Additionally, multiple lanes of northbound I-5 in two separate locations in Seattle will be closed. Crews will replace expansion joints near the West Seattle Freeway and perform maintenance on the Ship Canal Bridge.
- All lanes of SR 520 from Montlake Boulevard to Interstate 405 will close at , including all connecting ramps in the work area.
- Drivers who wish to cross Lake Washington should plan to use Interstate 90 or an alternate route around the lake.
- All SR 520 lanes are scheduled to reopen at in time for the morning commute.
- Crews will also close 108th Avenue Northeast and 112th Avenue Northeast from Northup Way to south of SR 520, in Bellevue, from to for utility work. A signed detour will direct drivers to an alternate route.
I-5 at Spokane Street:
- At , two left lanes of northbound I-5 at the West Seattle Freeway will be closed for expansion joint replacement.
- Two northbound lanes will remain open and no ramps will be closed.
- All lanes will reopen by .
I-5 at the Ship Canal Bridge:
- Up to two right lanes northbound on the Ship Canal Bridge will be closed while maintenance crews patch the bridge deck.
- The work will take place between 5 a.m. and 4 p.m.
During the SR 520 maintenance closure, crews working for the WSDOT’s SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program will also be hard at work as they continue to pour concrete for the new West Connection Bridge and place asphalt as part of the Eastside Transit and HOV Project. A new SR 520 floating bridge is scheduled to open to drivers in spring 2016.
WSDOT posts information about construction closures and nighttime work on the SR 520 Orange Page, the interactive construction and driver planning tool for the SR 520 program. WSDOT’s SR 520 website also provides information on the SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program.