- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
SR 520 floating bridge and highway to close this weekend
The following is a release from the Washington State Department of Transportation:
Anyone who wishes travel across Lake Washington this weekend should prepare for a full closure of State Route 520 between Montlake Boulevard and Interstate 405.
Contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will pour up to 67 truckloads of concrete for the new West Connection Bridge during the closure. SR 520 Eastside Transit and HOV Project crews will use the closure to place up to 10,000 tons of asphalt for the top layer of new eastbound SR 520 lanes on the Eastside.
Friday, July 11 to Monday, July 14:
- All lanes of SR 520 from Montlake Boulevard to Interstate 405 will close at 11 p.m. Friday, including all connecting ramps in the work area.
- Drivers who wish to cross Lake Washington should plan to use Interstate 90 or an alternate route around the lake.
- People who plan to travel from the Eastside Saturday morning to participate in the Group Health Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic should also plan ahead to reach the starting line at the University of Washington.
- Crews will also close 108th Avenue Northeast / 112th Avenue Northeast underneath SR 520 for paving.
- All SR 520 lanes are scheduled to reopen at 5 a.m. Monday, July 14.
Monday, July 14:
- At 5 a.m. Monday, July 14, the new 92nd Avenue Northeast median transit stop will open to riders for the first time.
- The stop will not be ADA-accessible until the contractor receives a final elevator permit in the coming days.
- A temporary transit shuttle between Evergreen Point Road and 92nd Avenue Northeast will be discontinued when the new stop opens.
- Crews will also open new direct-access ramps for buses at 108th Avenue Northeast to serve the busy South Kirkland Park and Ride. These will be open only to buses until the Eastside’s new HOV lanes open later this year, at which time carpools also will use the ramps.
WSDOT posts information about construction closures and nighttime work on the SR 520 Orange Page, the interactive construction and driver planning tool for the SR 520 program. WSDOT’s SR 520 website also provides information on the SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program.