- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Southbound I-405 reduced to one lane in Bothell/Kirkland area tonight
The following is a release from the Washington State Department of Transportation:
Nighttime drivers on southbound Interstate 405 near Bothell and north Kirkland should plan for possible delays overnight tonight. Contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation plan to reduce the roadway to a single lane to complete critical repaving work for the I-405 Bellevue to Lynnwood Widening and Express Toll Lanes project. Some nearby ramps will also be closed.
Saturday, Aug. 16 to the morning of Sunday, Aug. 17
- Up to three lanes of southbound I-405 between Northeast 160th Street and Northeast 124th Street will close starting at 7 p.m. Two lanes will close at 8 p.m., and three lanes will close at 11 p.m. One lane will open by 7:30 a.m. and all lanes will reopen by noon Sunday.
- The southbound I-405 off-ramp to Northeast 70th Street will close from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- The Northeast 85th Street on-ramp to southbound I-405 will close from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- The eastbound and westbound SR 522 ramps to southbound I-405 will close from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- The Northeast 160th Street on-ramp to southbound I-405 will close from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
All drivers, particularly motorcyclists, are reminded to slow down and use care when traveling through the paving area. This work is weather dependent and subject to change.
For the most up-to-date closure details, please visit the I-405 construction updates page.