Rockin' at St. Edward State Park
July 17, 2009 · Updated 9:59 AM
Danny Barnes gets intense while playing the banjo and singing his acoustic tunes Thursday evening at St. Edward State Park in Kenmore. He was accompanied by Garey Shelton (bass) and Bob Grant (acoustic guitar).
Next up at the free Kenmore Concert Series, from 6-8 p.m. every Thursday this summer, are:
• July 23, Yogoman Burning Band, dance music.
• July 30, Big Sandy and His Fly-Rite Boys, American roots, rockabilly and western swing.
• Aug. 6, Crooked Still, fermenting folk music.
• Aug. 13, Quetzal, Chicano music.
• Aug. 20, Vagabond Opera Diverse, “zany opera music from the cabaret.”
The Kenmore Summer Concert Series is sponsored by KBCS 91.3 FM, James G. Murphy Co., Grocery Outlet, Bastyr University and Northshore Utility District. For more information, visit the city’s Web site at www. cityofkenmore.com/events.
Andy Nystrom photo