Inglemoor relays roll to second, fourth at state/ 4A State Track and Field
May 31, 2010 · Updated 6:43 PM
Inglemoor High's Tess Parent finished second in Thursday's 4A state triple-jump competition with a mark of 38 feet, 10 inches. Tahoma's Bianca Walton took first with 39-05.25.
Parent, who will compete at Yale University in the fall, owned the top mark in the state for a while this year with her previous best of 38-4.
On Friday, Parent topped out at 17-1.25 to take third in the long jump. (Her state-best mark this year was 18-5.25 heading into the meet.) Also for Inglemoor, Brittany McKinney took 10th with 16-7.
In another Friday final, Inglemoor's Becca Berge placed fifth in the 100-meter hurdles in 15.48 seconds.
Here's the results from Saturday's finals:
* Inglemoor's girls finished fourth in the team standings
* Girls 4x200 relay -- Inglemoor fourth (1:42.93); Parent, McKenna Grimsby, Lindsy Johanson and Hannah Stevenson
* Boys 800 -- Bothell's Ashkon Nima sixth (1:57.77)
* Girls 800 -- Inglemoor's Lacey London fifth (2:18.70); Bothell's Alex Neil sixth (2:18.83)
* Girls 300 hurdles -- Berge fifth (45.20)
* Boys 100 -- Inglemoor's Mark Roetcisoender sixth (11.61)
* Boys 4x100 relay -- Inglemoor fourth (42.89); Roetcisoender, Kamin Jenkins, Jordan Gray and Todd Raynes
* Girls 4x100 relay -- Inglemoor second (48.61); Parent, Grimsby, Johanson and Stevenson
* Boys 200 -- Roetcisoender eighth (22.25)
* Boys pole vault -- Inglemoor's Shamus Mukai fifth (14-0)
See sports for story and more state results.