At about 10:15 a.m. that day, a woman reported that she returned to her home in the 10500 block of Woodinville Dr. N.E. and was confronted by an unknown male suspect inside of her residence. The victim reported the suspect sexually assaulted her, then fled the residence.
Bothell police are actively investigating this assault and ask that if anyone was in the area of the 10500 block of Woodinville Dr. N.E. on the morning of Aug. 20 and recall seeing anything out of the ordinary or anything that they believe may assist detectives with their investigation, to contact the Bothell Police Department at (425) 486‐1254 or the Bothell Police Department tip line at (425) 487‐5551.
The case number is 17‐19285.
Crime Prevention Tips
- To assist community members from being victimized, the Bothell police is offering these crime prevention suggestions:
- Prior to leaving your residence, lock all windows and doors.
- Consider installing a residential security system.
- While at home, ensure windows and doors are locked during the night and/or hours of darkness.
- When you’re away from home, use light timers and leave radios on to give the appearance you are home.
- Do not share personally identifying information or addresses with anyone you don’t know.
- Be aware of your surroundings. If you see activity that you believe is suspicious, call 911. Many cases are solved quickly when people call 911 either while they are seeing suspicious activity or immediately after they observe suspicious activity. Do not confront suspicious subjects, but do your best to get a good physical description of the suspicious subject(s). If the person is associated with a vehicle, do your best to determine the make/model, color and license plate number if possible.
For more information, contact the Bothell Police Department at (425) 486‐1254.