- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
AT A GLANCE: Inglemoor High fastpitch
INGLEMOOR FASTPITCH AT A GLANCE
• Head coach: Jeff Skelly, 29th season
• Last year: 13-3, 4A Kingco champions; 12-5 overall
• 2010 turnout: 22
• Jr. Taylor Peacocke, SS: First-team all-leaguer as a sophomore swings a big bat, led the team in HRs and RBIs last season. Led the Vikings on the basketball court, as well.
• Jr. Lyndsey Porter, 3B: First team all-league and another offensive threat, she moves across the diamond from 1st to 3rd.
• Jr. Shelby Johnson and Soph. Shelby Johnston, OF: Pair of Shelbys are solid defensively and will patrol the Viking outfield. Johnston made second-team all-league as a freshman.
• So. Kylie Acacio, C: Started in OF last year and now behind the plate. Will be counted on to know the Vikings’ young, untested pitching staff.
• So. Holly Sandborg, 1B: Starting OF last season makes the big switch to corner infield. Solid glove and good range.
• Jr. Hailey Lowe, P: After graduating dominant first-team pitcher Rosie Matsumoto last season, she will hopefully develop into the role of Vikings’ ace.
• So. Alison Harrington, P: Another talented young hurler that looks to build into the Vikings’ present and future.
April 15, 4 p.m. at Woodinville: Tough midseason matchup against a loaded perennial state favorite will tell a lot about how the Vikings have progressed since the preseason. The ability to stay competitive in this one will go a long way for the Vikings’ confidence as the enter the home stretch of the season.
DID YOU KNOW?
Veteran head coach Jeff Skelly was named the 4A Kingco Coach of the Year for the 2010 season after his team’s 3rd-place state finish.
“Inglemoor has a solid core group of players. Our pitching is untested and we are looking for some depth in the outfield and infield. We are young, this is the first time in my career that there are no seniors on the team. Woodinville is loaded. They may be the best group of players I have ever seen on a high-school softball team. They should be a solid contender for a state championship.”
— Head coach Jeff Skelly