- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
The free community calendar is published Wednesdays on a space-available basis, and includes free and nonprofit local events and groups. Submit items at least a week in advance of publication dates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA Family Night: 6:30-8 p.m. Jan. 9 and Feb. 13. Free evening of family fun includes snacks, arts and crafts. Cost: Free. Northshore YMCA, 11811 N.E. 195th St., Bothell. 425-485-9797 or email@example.com.
Sixth annual Nursing Career Advancement Day Fair: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Jan. 20. Representatives from more than 20 Washington state health care employers and educational institutions will be available to discuss nursing career and educational opportunities. Cost: Free. University of Washington Bothell, 18115 Campus Way N.E. 425-352-5320 or UWBNursing@uwb.edu.
Woodinville Montessori School Open House: 7-8:30 p.m. Jan. 21. Come tour the campus, meet the staff and learn about the Montessori Method of education. For families with students in elementary and junior high school. North Creek Campus, 19102 North Creek Parkway, Suite 100, Bothell. 425-482-3184, ext. 322, or www.woodinvillemontessori.org.
Pancake breakfast: 8-11 a.m. the fourth Saturday of the month, except July, August and December. Includes ham, eggs, juice and coffee, and all the pancakes you can eat. Offered by Bothell Odd Fellows and Cloverleaf Rebekah Lodge. Cost: $5 for adults; $1.50 for children 5 and younger. 10116 N.E. 185th St., Bothell.
Independent Retailers Workshop: 6 p.m. Jan. 12. Learn about 20 common ingredients that make a desirable visitor destination. Presented by City of Bothell Economic Development Division. Registration requested. Bothell Municipal Court Building, 10116 N.E. 183rd St., Bothell. 425-485-4353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
School District Brown Bag Briefings: Noon Jan. 15, March 18 and May 20. Free forums provide updates about how the Northshore School District’s schools are doing, and offer in-depth look at one current initiative. All are welcome. Bring sack lunch. Board Room at the Administrative Center, 3330 Monte Villa Parkway, Bothell.
Babysitter Certification: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jan. 17. Six-hour course open to ages 11-16 to learn essential safety information and valuable babysitting tips. Cost: $40. Northshore YMCA, 11811 N.E. 195th St., Bothell. 425-485-9797 or email@example.com.
Money Strong Families: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Jan. 17 and Feb. 7. Interactive workshop offers children 7-11 and their parents an introduction to financial literacy. Cost: Free. Northshore YMCA, 11811 N.E. 195th St., Bothell. 425-485-9797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Reforming Health in a Post-Election America”: 5:45-8 p.m. Jan. 28; 6-8 p.m. Feb. 25. Panel discussions with question-and-answer time to follow. Cost: Free. Bastyr University Auditorium, 14500 Juanita Drive N.E., Kenmore. 425-602-3103 or email@example.com.
“Kitchen Medicine for Children”: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Jan. 31. Continuing education course looks at how to use kitchen ingredients to treat cold, flu and other common ailments. Cost: $59. Bastyr University, 14500 Juanita Drive N.E., Kenmore. 425-602-3075 or www.bastyr.edu/continuinged.
Bothell Parks & Recreation Department classes: Parks & Rec offers a number of classes, from computer skills to healthy cooking to game design and dance. Call for details, registration. 425-486-7430 or www.ci.bothell.wa.us.
Norwegian Crafts: 4-6 p.m. the third Thursday of the month. Classes offered by Bothell Sons of Norway. 23905 Bothell-Everett Highway, Bothell. 425-778-1665, 425-338-0550 or www.bothellsonsofnorway.org.
Computer Lab: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays. All computers have Microsoft software and access to the Internet. Northshore Family Center, 18315 Bothell Way N.E. 425-489-6343.
“Health in the News”: 11:30 a.m.-noon Feb. 10. Learn the latest facts about disease prevention and drug interactions from local health professionals. Cost: Free. Northshore YMCA, 11811 N.E. 195th St., Bothell. 425-485-9797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free meditation workshops: 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays. Join the group in performing deep and relaxing sahaja yoga meditation. Crossroads Bellevue Community Room, 15600 N.E. Eighth St., Bellevue. 425-753-0634.
Relax and Rejuvenate: Your Path to Balance offers sessions to help reduce everyday stress and access inner strength. 206-778-6685 or email@example.com.
Walk for Life: 8-9:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Join this free program to exercise safely and effectively. Meet friends and benefit from on-site expert staff members who provide information, advice and monitoring. 575 Bellevue Square. Enter at Skybridge 4. 425-454-8096.
Bothell Regional Library, 18215 98th Ave. N.E., Bothell. 425-486-7811. Library events:
• Teen Advisory Board—Best Books 2008: 3:30 p.m. Jan. 8. For seventh-12th grades. Discuss the nominees for Best Books for Young Adults.
• Tales and Tea: 2 p.m. Jan. 14 and 28. Come for a short story and a cup of tea.
• SCORE Counseling: 1 p.m. Jan. 14. Free counseling for small business owners. Registration required.
• Teen Writing Workshop: 3:30 p.m. Jan. 15.
• Game On!: 3:30 p.m. Jan. 22 and 29. Teens can play “Dance Dance Revolution,” “Guitar Hero 2” and Nintendo Wii video games.
• ESL classes: 6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. Assessment and registration required.
• Talk Time: 10 a.m. most Mondays and Saturdays. Free conversations in English for new speakers of the language.
• Read Three, Get One Free: Teens, ages 12 to 18, can read three books, write three short reviews and get a free new paperback book. Pick up an entry form at the library or online at www.kcls.org/read3.
Kenmore Library, 18138 73rd Ave. N.E., Kenmore. 425-486-8747. Library events:
• Morning Story Times: 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays, Jan. 7-28.
• Evening Book Discussion Group: 7 p.m. Jan. 26. Topic: “The Third Angel” by Alice Hoffman.
• Read Three, Get One Free: Teens, ages 12-18, can read three books, write three short reviews and get a free new paperback book.
Greater Bothell Chamber of Commerce:
• “State of the City” luncheon: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Jan. 14. Speaker: Bothell City Manager Bob Stowe. Cost: $25. Courtyard Hall, 720 238th St. S.W., Suite H, Bothell. www.bothellchamber.com.
• “State of the Chamber” General Meeting: 7:30-9 a.m. Jan. 22. Cost: Free. Northshore Senior Center, 10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell. www.bothellchamber.com.
Got’cha Referrals: 7:30-8:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Group’s goal is to create strong relationships between members, other professionals and the community, resulting in high-quality referrals and business growth. Crystal Creek Cafe, 22600 Bothell-Everett Highway, Bothell.