Business owners in King County can learn how to reduce waste, recycle more and cut their operating costs by participating in either of two workshops, scheduled for October.
Sponsored by the King County Solid Waste Division, the Oct. 7 and Oct. 21 workshops are free and open to businesses in King County outside of Seattle.
Each workshop will run from 7:45 a.m. to noon, at the Lytle House at Bothell Landing, 9929 N.E. 180th St., Bothell.
During the workshops businesses can learn to :
• Conduct a work-place waste audit;
• Start a recycling program;
• Start and manage a successful food scrap collection program;
• Engage co-workers, generate enthusiasm and improve morale; and
• Calculate a company’s carbon footprint.
For more information about the workshops, visit www.your.kingcounty.gov/solidwaste/business/index.asp or contact Karen May, (206)296-4353, or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, contact Sabrina Combs at (425) 486-2768, ext. 4406 or Sabrina.email@example.com.