As more storms crash into Western Washington, the weather outside is terrible and the power is out across the area.
However, kids don’t settle down when the power’s gone. Here’s a few ideas to keep you sane until power is restored.
1) Shadow puppets by candlelight
2) Hide-and-Seek or Sardines (one player hides and the rest find the one)
3) Play fort
4) Toys that don’t need batteries (Board games, cards, coloring and other arts and crafts)
5) Light a fire in the fireplace (if you have one) and pretend you’re camping
6) Decorate the house for a ‘Lights out Party’ and have one with the kids
7) Tell spooky ghost stories (kids can hide in the places they found through No. 2)
8) Serial stories, where each person continues creating the story for 30 seconds
9) Charades with a flashlight-lit stage
10) Ice Cream sundae bar (before everything in the freezer melts!)