The holidays bring with them a wide variety of events throughout Bothell and Kenmore.
Here are some of the festivities happening this year:
• Live Reindeer: During normal business hours through Dec. 24 at Country Village Shops. Two of Santa’s reindeer will be on the premises between Keepsake Cottage and The Pet Place.
• Evergreen Christmas Lights: 5 to 10 p.m. Nov. 25 through Jan. 1 at Evergreen Church in Bothell. More than 200,000 lights will be choreographed to music and video as part of this free event, which includes cookies and cocoa.
• Santa’s Workshop: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday from Nov. 25 through Dec. 15; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday from Dec. 16 through 23; and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 24 at Country Village Shops. Photos with Santa and a gingerbread house display and contest are part of the fun.
• Pet Santa Photos: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 26 at Canyon Park Mud Bay in Bothell. MEOW Cat Rescue and Mud Bay are hosting portraits with Santa. Kids and all types of pets are welcome. Cost is $10 for a printed picture.
• Small Business Saturday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 26 and 27 at Country Village Shops. The shops will be giving away a basket full of goodies as part of a contest for customers who spend at least $10.
• Santa Arrival and Tree Lighting: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Dec. 3 at Country Village Shops. The day’s events include caroling by local quartets, a surprise visit by the Grinch, free hot roasted chestnuts at 4 p.m., the announcement of the gingerbread house contest winner and Santa’s arrival to light the Christmas tree at 7 p.m.
• “The Nutcracker” with Rainier Symphony Ballet Orchestra: 2 p.m. Dec. 3-4 and 10-11 at Northshore Performing Arts Center in Bothell. Emerald Ballet Theatre will present its 10th annual production of the beloved ballet. Tickets are $20-38.
• City of Kenmore Tree Lighting Festival and Holiday Market: 4 to 8 p.m. Dec. 3 at Kenmore City Hall and Kenmore Camera. This year’s event features the arrival of Santa, live entertainment, food trucks, a nonperishable and stuffed animal drive, arts and crafts and a market featuring items made by local artists.
• Bothell’s Tree Lighting Festival: 5 to 7 p.m. Dec. 4 on Main Street in downtown Bothell. Carolers, holiday activities, treats and Santa will be part of the free fun before the big tree is lit.
• Handmade Chocolates: 2:30 p.m. Dec. 7 at Kenmore Library. Middle-school and high-school age kids are invited to make chocolate truffles, chocolate peppermint bark and white chocolate popcorn. Space is limited.
• Caroling in the Woods: 10 a.m. Dec. 10 at Shelton View Forest, Seventh Avenue entrance in Bothell. Refreshments and songbooks will be provided to attendees.
• Holiday Drop and Shop: 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Dec. 10 at Northwest Community Church in Bothell. Free childcare will be provided to kids ages 0 to 12 so parents can have some time to shop for the holidays. Space is limited.
• Cookies with Mrs. Claus: Noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 10-11 at The Chic Boutique in Bothell. Mrs. Claus will give out cookies to kids, and free cookie recipes also will be available.
• Santa Arrgh-rival — A Pirate X-Mas: 7 p.m. Dec. 10 at Country Village Shops. Santa will walk the plank and light the Jolly Rodney, the Country Village Pirate Ship. The Pirates of Treasure Island also will be in attendance.
• Bach’s “Christmas Magnificat”: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 16 at the Bastyr University Chapel in Kenmore. The Northwest Baroque Masterworks ensemble will perform the piece, which illuminates the nativity story. Tickets are $26-46.
• Fun with Frosty: Noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 17-18 at Country Village Shops. Frosty the Snowman and Hippity Hop the rabbit will be on hand for a magic show, games and crafts.
• Geoffrey Castle’s 9th Annual Celtic Christmas Celebration: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 17 at Northshore Performing Arts Center. The nationally renowned electric violinist will lead a troupe of operatic vocalists, musicians and Irish dancers. Tickets are $15-25.
For more events, find the Bothell-Kenmore Reporter calendar at bothell-reporter.com/calendar.