CBD comes in all different forms. Among the most popular options, today are CBD-infused gummy candies.
A CBD gummy is essentially the same as a CBD capsule but uses a delicious fruity gummy base instead of a gelatin capsule.
Gummies offer precise CBD doses per piece, which usually ranges from 5 mg to 40 mg each.
Here, you’ll learn how to find the best CBD gummies for managing chronic pain, how many gummies to take, and what side effects to watch out for.
Best CBD Gummies For Pain, Sleep & Anxiety (2020)
1. Royal CBD Gummies —Best Overall
Our number one pick for 2020 comes from Royal CBD. These gummies are regarded for offering a high-degree of pain-relief by over a dozen high-profile media outlets and industry experts online. They’ve been featured as the top pick on sites such as CFAH, We Be High, Cleveland Scene, VentureBeat, Observer, and Riverfront Times.
What makes these gummies so effective for pain?
The answer comes down to three key points:
- These gummies contain high-potency broad-spectrum extract — other cannabinoids such as CBC, CBG, and CBN provide additional pain-relief benefits
- These gummies have been verified to be completely free from contaminants — certain contaminants, such as heavy metals or pesticides, can lead to increased pain and inflammation
- These gummies come in two separate potencies — the higher-potency gummies deliver the best value and provide a high dose of 25 mg CBD per piece
You can order these gummies in two different forms depending on your individual preference. There’s the sweet and fruity gummy Dots or the Sour Drops. Both options contain the same active dose and come in both 10 and 25 mg potencies. The only difference is the flavor and shape of the gummy.
Overall, Royal CBD gummies deliver incredible value for the money and offer a great option to manage various forms of pain and inflammation.
- Contains a high concentration of CBD per gummy (up to 25 mg)
- Made from organic ingredients and verified to be contaminant-free
- Uses a broad-spectrum extract complete with CBD, CBC, CBG, CBN, and more
- Only available online (not sold in local stores and dispensaries)
2. Gold Bee CBD Gummies — Best Value
Gold Bee is a small, family-owned CBD brand from California. The founders began the company in 2018 and released their first batch of products in 2019. They began by selling limited batches to local dispensaries to gauge customer feedback on an innovative extraction method developed by the founder.
The response to these products was incredible, selling out almost immediately.
Since then, the company has begun selling its products throughout the United States through its online portal.
What differentiates this brand from the rest is the slow, highly efficient extraction method the company employs for its hemp extracts. Instead of creating large batches of hemp extract, Gold Bee focuses its efforts on smaller volumes, using high-tech CO2 and distillation techniques.
The process is meticulous, but the results are well worth the effort. These gummies contain exceptional cannabinoid and terpene profiles. These ingredients work together to provide a stronger pain killing benefit than CBD can offer on its own.
You can order these gummies in packs of 30, each with 25 milligrams of active CBD. They’re made from a vegan-friendly formula and come with up to date third-party tests for every batch.
- Made from a delicious vegan-friendly gummy formula
- Contains a high concentration of 25 mg CBD (broad-spectrum extract) per piece
- Exceptional cost to potency ratio compared to other CBD gummies
- High-demand means these products may be out of stock temporarily (check back later)
3. Hemp Bombs — Runner Up
Hemp Bombs is known for producing some of the best CBD products in Europe for the price.
These gummies are made from a CBD isolate — which means all the other cannabinoids and phytochemicals have been removed. While this reduces the gummies’ potency somewhat (due to a concept called the entourage effect), the cost per piece is notably lower. This allows you to take a higher CBD dose to make up for the lack of other ingredients in the formula.
A CBD isolate formula also allows Hemp Bombs to guarantee these gummies are completely THC-free. This is perfect for people who may need to take a drug test for work or an athletic commission.
Each gummy contains 25 mg of CBD, with 30 gummies per container. A single pack contains various tropical fruity flavors (mango, lemon-lime, strawberry, and raspberry).
Like any high-end CBD brand, Hemp Bombs sends a sample from every batch to an independent lab for testing. Here, the sample is verified to ensure the CBD content matches what’s advertised on the label. It’s also tested to ensure the extract is free from THC and various contaminants (heavy metals, pesticides, etc.).
- High-potency CBD gummies at an excellent price
- Third-party tested for quality and potency
- Comes with a blend of delicious fruity flavors
- Made from CBD isolate (no entourage effect)
How CBD Helps Manage Pain
There are many different types of pain. The source of pain plays a major role in determining the best course of treatment.
CBD is especially popular for managing pain because it targets several different types of pain. It can be used alongside other pain management supplements or medications for a stronger benefit.
Types of Pain People Use CBD Gummies to Manage
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis)
- Post-surgical pain
- Multiple sclerosis
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Sickle cell anemia
- Traumatic injuries and bone fractures
How Many CBD Gummies Should I Take For Pain?
The dose of CBD gummies depends on factors such as the type and severity of pain you’re experiencing, your age and weight, and your tolerance to CBD or other phytocannabinoids.
These factors can make it difficult to estimate the dose of CBD you should be using before you start.
Most experts recommend starting with a very low dose of CBD (a quarter of a gummy or around 5 mg of CBD). Give the gummy at least 2 hours to take effect before deciding whether you should take more or not.
After the first dose, increase the next dose by around 5 mg — this works out to around half a standard 25 mg gummy (12.5 mg total).
Continue increasing the dose by a quarter of a gummy until you start to feel the benefits. When it comes to managing pain, most people find the effective dose is somewhere between one and two gummies per dose.
What Are the Potential Side Effects of CBD Gummies?
All health supplements bring a risk of side effects. For CBD gummies, the risk is very low. Not only are side effects uncommon, even when they do occur, but they also tend to be very mild.
The most common side effects to be aware of are fatigue, dizziness, or lethargy.
If you experience these effects, simply reduce the dose you’re using until side effects go away.
It’s also possible to be allergic to CBD gummies due to other ingredients in the formula. It may help to order from companies that use organic or vegan formulas for their gummies to reduce the chances of experiencing allergies from the most common culprits — which include synthetic coloring, flavoring, or preservatives.
How to Get the Most Out of Your CBD Gummies For Pain
CBD gummies have a lot to offer in terms of pain management. As long as you’re using the right dose, they’ll help take the edge off your pain symptoms, reduce inflammation, and promote faster recovery of damaged tissues in the joints, skin, muscles, or internal organs.
With that said, there are ways you can get even more from your CBD gummy supplementation. By incorporating other diets, lifestyle, and supplements to help mitigate the type of pain you’re experiencing — you can get a much stronger and longer-lasting reduction in pain symptoms.
Here are some tips to help boost the pain killing effects of CBD gummies:
1. Combine other supplements with your gummies — such as turmeric, boswellia, kava kava, or magnesium
2. Take a few drops of cannabis terpenes alongside your CBD gummy
3. Exercise regularly — taking the time to stretch and attend physio helps improve strength and flexibility and reduce pain
4. Eat a balanced diet — aim for foods low in processed sugar or preservatives and high in micronutrients
Key Takeaways: Best CBD Gummies For Pain
CBD gummies are a great option to help manage different forms of pain. The active ingredient, CBD, helps to regulate the transmission of pain signals to the brain, reduce inflammation, and promote faster recovery of damaged tissues around the body.
The best CBD gummies for pain use a broad-spectrum hemp extract — complete with other analgesic cannabinoids such as CBG, THCV, and CBN.
We recommend checking out the CBD gummies offered by Royal CBD for the best value for your money. Gold Bee also makes a top-notch CBD gummy with a vegan-friendly formula.