The Northshore School District’s ninth annual Backpacks for Kids donation drive will run through Aug. 8. It will benefit Northshore families who are unable to send their children to school with necessary school supplies.
During these dates local businesses and churches will volunteer to be collection sites, local banks will collect monetary donations and civic and youth groups will volunteer to help assemble backpacks. With the help of school nurses, plans are to distribute more than 700 filled backpacks before school starts.
Monetary donations can be made with a check payable to Backpacks for Kids at either the Bothell or Woodinville branch of Banner Bank or to the Northshore School District Administrative Center, 3330 Monte Villa Parkway, Bothell, WA 98021.
Some collection sites are:
• Alexa’s Café: 10115 Main St.
• Banner Bank: 10125 Main St.
• BECU at Canyon Park QFC: 22833 Bothell-Everett Highway
• Bothell City Hall: 18305 101st Ave. N.E.
• Bothell First Lutheran Church: 10207 N.E. 183rd St.
• Bothell United Methodist Church: 18515 92nd Ave. N.E.
• Café Ladro: 18610 Bothell Way N.E.
• Curves for Women at Canyon Park: 22703 Bothell Everett Highway, D
• BECU at Safeway: 6850 N.E. Bothell Way
• City of Kenmore: 6700 N.E. 181st St.
• Kenmore Chiropractic: 6016 N.E. Bothell Way