For the morning of Dec. 22, city of Bothell reports that 228th Street from 4th Avenue West to the west city limit (near Kenmore Shooting Range) is closed. However, conditions are dangerous in many areas and the city advises citizens to stay off roadways. Public-works crews continue with their 24-hour response with the deployment of snow plows, anti-icing and sanding operations on the priority routes
within Bothell city limits. To view a City of Bothell snow-plow priority- routes map, visit www.ci.bothell.wa.us, click Services/Maps/Snow Plow Routes.
Other weather-related information:
• City facilities are open unless otherwise reported at a later
• Call the City of Bothell Emergency Update Hotline at 425.487.5132; for life safety issues, call 9-1-1.
• Watch BCTV Channel 21 (available to Comcast customers within
• Recycle/garbage service: Waste Management has cancelled Monday
collection services throughout Snohomish County and in North and East
King County, including areas in and around Bothell and other areas.
• King County METRO and Community Transit bus services are
impacted by the road conditions. For METRO information,
Community Transit information, visit www.commtrans.org/emergency/.
General safety tips:
• Use alternate heat sources safely and wisely. Follow all
manufacturers’ instructions on use and maintenance.
• Do not use gas ovens, gas ranges, barbecues or portable or
propane heaters for indoor heating — they use oxygen and create carbon monoxide that can cause suffocation. For more information on carbon monoxide poisoning, using a generator during a power outage and other safety tips, visit www.ci.bothell.wa.us.
• Stay away from downed power lines and sagging trees.