Allstate Insurance Company — which has a northwest regional office in Bothell — recommends that homeowners take the following steps to help ensure a safe Halloween for everyone:
• Check your outdoor lighting: Make sure your property is adequately lit before trick-or-treaters arrive.
• Inspect your property: Make sure the path to your door is safe.
• Watch the decorations: Make sure Halloween decorations are not obscuring walkways and causing hazards.
• Drive carefully: Use extra caution while driving and if you are planning to drive, steer clear of alcohol.
• Keep your pets inside: Even if your dog enjoys the parade of children, the neighborhood children may not enjoy meeting your family pet.