The Seattle Outboard Association, Seattle Water Sports and the 192 Brewing Company held the fourth annual Kenmore Hydroplane Cup on the Sammamish River “Slough” last Saturday.
The water conditions on the Sammamish River allowed the outboard boats to run, though conditions on Lake Washington didn’t allow the vintage boats to race.
In a Facebook post, the Seattle Outboard Association sent out a special thanks to organizers Jan Shaw and Ana Capaletti. Officials on hand to help with Saturday’s race included Howard Shaw, Doug Brow, Matt Yarno, David and Carla Salmon, Dave Anderson, Jim Olsen, Jerry Kelson, Region 10 Rescue and Janet Kelson.
Open Class Results
1) Aaron Salmon, Shoreline, WA – 3:33.70
2) Daren Goehring, Marysville, WA – 3:52.63
3) Dave Anderson, Kenmore, WA – 3:38.79
4) Kyle Lewis, Seattle, WA – 4:10.31
Glen Boersema, Snohomish, WA – Time Not Taken
J Micheal Kelly, Bonney Lake, WA – Time Not Take
JW Myers, Kenmore, WA – Time Not Taken
1) Bob Wartinger, Seattle, WA – 3:49.06
2) Tim Mattson, Seattle, WA – 4:08.30
3) Pat Gleason, Tacoma, WA – 4:57.05
4) Gary Hansen, Federal Way, WA – 6:03.51
1) Jack Peterson, Seattle, WA – 1:21.69
2) Fynn Peterson, Seattle, WA – 1:21.96