Business and community leaders will help kickoff the inaugural season of the Kenmore Community Market at 4 p.m. June 1 with a ribbon cutting and grand opening festivities at Cedar Park Northshore Church.
“There is a lot of buzz throughout Kenmore. We have been blown away by the support we have received by so many of our neighbors. I am confident the market will quickly become another reason why we all love Kenmore,” Dan Neary, Northshore’s lead pastor, said in a release.
More than 20 vendors, including farmers, crafters, food trucks and artisans, will be part of opening day. Special activities are planned, including fun and free games for kids.
“I am really excited by the variety and quality of our vendors,” Jenni Jensen, market director, said in a release. “There is a great deal of interest, and there are a few spots still available.”
Just a few blocks north of Kenmore’s downtown core, Cedar Park Northshore Church is located at 18737 68th Ave. NE. The church will host the Kenmore Community Market from 3-8 p.m. every Thursday from June through August.
The vendors so far include:
- Jessica’s Unique Bite (a food truck featuring burgers, hot dogs and fries)
- Sound Vegetables (selling lettuce, greens, root crops, tomatoes, herbs and cut flowers)
- Big City Trends (selling repurposed home decor, accessories and dog leashes)
- KDJ’s The Bakerie (selling home-baked goods)
- doTerra Oils (selling essential oils)
- Crane Creations (selling art prints, handmade jewelry and boxes)
- LuvaCakes (selling locally flavored, gluten-free lava cakes)
- Zapata Coffee Roasters
- Have An Ice Day (selling Hawaiian shaved ice)
- Beads ‘n’ Pieces (selling handcrafted jewelry)
- Teresa Sanders (selling vintage and repurposed furniture and clothing)
- LuLaRoe (selling clothing)
- Usborne Books (selling children’s books)
- Road Dawg (selling beef franks, BBQ pulled pork and corn dogs)
- Costco (selling memberships)
- Miller Crafts (selling canvas art and handmade wire bracelets)
- Denise Turner (selling metal art, gemstone jewelry and garden art)
- Aromatic Creations (selling soy wax aromatherapy candles, beads and diffusers)
The church is making its parking lot closest to 68th Avenue available each week for this special event.
For more information, visit kenmoremarket.com or call Jensen at 425-939-1377.